Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
Really? I thought the 50th was very underwhelming compared to the Christmas special.

yep. the 50th was pretty epic from where I sat. I'm not saying it was perfect or had no flaws, but I got what I wanted from it. (like I said earlier, MOST of what I wanted was a Tom Baker appearance. :D )

I liken it to a good meal consisting of my favorite foods. satisfied my hunger and tasted great while doing it. the Christmas ep. was like a desert that was appealing, but wasn't really needed after. it was good, but not great.

Quote:
I figure the Doctors aging was just a natural progression of his life. How long do Time Lords live if they age naturally? I figure he probably spent a century or so defending Christmas so I was okay with his getting old. I just wish the next series was coming before next fall.

but see, they don't always age naturally. they physically age at different rates. how many times have we seen them mention the different ages they are with no signs of physical aging? during the whole Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon storyline, Smith's Doctor appears at two different ages about two hundred years apart with no signs of physical aging. Whereas, on Trenzalore, he ages tremendously over a span of time that we don't know the full range of. He ages here, as Hurt's War Doctor did during the Time War, but doesn't seem to age at other times. This is my point. What causes the differing rate of aging?