Another Barry Windsor-Smith page from the late 1970's, that if I recall correctly was originally the cover sleeve for Smith's "Conan Tuppeny portfolio" (1974)

Sourced from Steranko's MEDIASCENE 33 (Sept-Oct 1978), a special all-poster issue where it was reproduced in its original 11" X 17" size.

I had the good sense to make a good copy of it on heavy stock paper in 1998, and it still sits matted and framed on my wall, where I've enjoyed it for many years.

TUPENNY PORTFOLIO (1974) b & w, as originally published
TUPPENNY PORTFOLIO (1974) hand-colored version

Smith's Gorblimey Press was one of the major developments that came out of Marvel's CONAN titles, that developed a more sophisticated fan market in the mid/late 1970's. Ads for Smith's various prints and portfolios were advertised in most issues of SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN of that era.
And in Steranko's MEDIASCENE and PREVUE issues.

From Steranko's opening editorial to MEDIASCENE 33, introducing his all-poster issue:

Quote:

I'm pleased to have generated the original idea.
But I'm even more pleased to be one of the brotherhood who can create the kind of work represented in this issue --and to be in a position whereby the material can be packaged with skill and taste, and offered to a discriminating audience.

For which the rest of us are eternally grateful.
It must be satisfying indeed to be part of that brotherhood.