For fun sometimes I listen to Alex Jones. I don't trust him as a reliable source, but clicking on one of his videos
guarantees you'll be listening to some of the wildest conspiracy theories out there. (My favorite to date being his
allegation that Andrew Breitbart was assassinated by the CIA, with some kind of heart-attack-inducing gun that can be
fired at someone from a distance. Despite that numerous local bystanders in his neighborhood saw him collapse and
instantly came to Breitbart's aid.)

In this video, Jones is interviewing Lyndon Larouche about recent events in Ukraine, and Larouche goes on in 10,000
directions on multiple other conspiracy theories.
I've heard of Larouche (who first became visible to me in the early 1980's, when David Duke made headlines running for
office and was associated with him). I always thought he was some KKK-type. But based on this video, he's a
wacked-out conspiracy theorist that can't be solidly pinned to either the Left or Right. It's just interesting
to actually see LaRouche, and hear him tell it in his own words after all these decades of obscure notoriety.

I actually think he's right in one area, about the power struggle between the trans-Atlantic countries and the
Eurasian countries. But I don't agree we've been in steady decline since the JFK era, or that it inevitably leads
to "thermonuclear war". (He actually makes a distinction between nuclear war and thermonuclear war, that likewise
doesn't doesn't fully make sense to me. He alleges that thermonuclear war means a nation launching
everything they've got. But logically, a nation might use half of their nuclear arsenal, but then keep half to
deter any further aggression against them with the threat of launching even more destruction. For any
sane country, the goal is always deterrence, not all-out destruction.)

The stuff he says about fracking rings untrue to me also. The reports I've seen are that fracking is safe, and
the Left's reports of dangerous environmental damage from fracking have proven to be manufactured and false evidence.

In Larouche's defense, while I don't buy his assertion that all-out nuclear war is an inevitable result of the clash
over Ukraine, Princeton University professor (and Russia expert) Stephen Cohen said on CNN a week ago that this
clash is a dangerous game, that at least poses the danger of a mis-step that could accidentally lead to nuclear
war, and that we're "three short steps away from war".