I'm not ruling out that he might have been trying to do that. I'm saying no police department I've heard of or any relative or friend in law enforcement has heard of trains officers to nonlethally shoot someone. even civilian gun safety and concealed-carry courses repeatedly hammer into you that when you discharge a loaded firearm at another human being, you are doing so with the understanding such a course of action will most likely result in that human being's death, and you are doing so with a willingness to accept the consequences of taking that course of action. if you're a law-enforcement officer and you're not prepared to kill that person, you should have at least one less-than-lethal (the term nonlethal is generally discouraged following numerous instances proving otherwise) measure for subduing or incapacitating a hostile individual. again, it seems like a question not of intent, but of training and discipline. confrontations can escalate, but it ultimately comes back to how and why the confrontation was initiated, which leaves us right back where we started - some people say this, some people say that.

Last edited by Captain Sammitch; 2014-08-21 2:32 AM.