Robin is a girl http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entert...ne-9803778.html

Quote:

It has been rumoured that new release Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will feature a female Robin.

The role has reportedly been filled by Hunger Games actress Jena Malone and was first reported by Michigan television station WILX 10, which was advised by a source on condition of anonymity.

It is believed that Ms Malone, 29, was seen on set in Detroit and follows on from suspicions that the actress was cast in the role, after she posted a picture of her dyed red hair to Instagram on 4 October.

If correct, she is thought to be playing Carrie Kelley – a flame-haired alternative version of Robin (there are many various manifestations of Robin in the comics), whose character first appears in the 1986 Batman: The Dark Knight Returns book.

Reaction from Batman and Robin fans appears to be mixed.

Some members on Facebook group 'Robin Appreciation Society' said: “Sounds good to me” and “I’m down”, while another said: “I'm not feeling it at all. I don't like that a Robin with little Bat history would possibly get the nod on the big screen over [other Robin incarnations] Jason [Todd], Tim [Drake], or Damian [Wayne]. It doesn't feel right.”

Others speculated that she could in fact be playing Batgirl – a role previously played on the big screen by Alicia Silverstone.

Dustin Fritschel, Senior Editor at fansite The Batman Universe, gave The Independent his insight into the controversy surrounding the rumoured casting decision: “Jena Malone as Robin could be an interesting take on the direction that Warner Bros could take with Batman in the future cinematic universe.

“Many fans have stated that while the character Carrie Kelley as Robin for this run in the bat films can work, some think that one of the other Robins should have their shot at being in the films before hers.

“The controversy doesn’t seem to be about a female playing the character as much as it is about a character that is less as iconic in the role of Robin.

Holy tampons in the Batcave,Batman!

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!