Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
I never saw dinosaurs/evolution and the Bible as mutually exclusive

They're not. Genesis mentions "Tanniyn" multiple times.

Evolution was simply pitched as an alternative to God so as to make a bunch of skeptics feel more secure in their atheism.

The theory offered/offers no proof and is/was riddled with hoaxes. But it's more desirable to live in a universe where your consciousness is the be all, end all metaphysical presence irrespective of a greater, if visually unaccountable, entity.

I am inclined to believe that the universe is ancient and that the earth itself is...fairly old. Humanity, on the other hand, is not even remotely likely to have existed beyond 17 to 18,000 years ago--nevermind every other fucking creature on the planet. Keeping in mind that every permutation of evolutionary theory involves millions--if not billions--of years of transitional development, our relative youth flies in the face of every evolutionist's wishful thinking.

The problem here is that the atheistic trends within the scientific community--that have persisted for well over a century and a half--have poisoned the well as far as dating is concerned. They've already established an evolutionary narrative, that they're comfortable with, which involves (at least) hundreds of millions of a years of evolutionary development and speciation. Since that is their bedrock belief system, any radiocarbon-dated evidence to the contrary is dismissed as an error and dated again according to the expectations of the scientist rather than any hard evidence. Evolutionists looooooove their circular reasoning. As long as those pretexts remain embedded in our textbooks, we'll never have the opportunity for an objective analysis of our origins.

If ever I get into a conversation with anyone about evolution, I will not press the idea that we were created by God. But if someone tries to tell me that we're the product of a still unaccountable billion-year process of morphing from an aquatic creature to an arboreal primate to a homo-sapient species, I will call him a fucking idiot.