interestingly enough today is nine years to the day since my dad passed very unexpectedly. any of you who know me on facebook have heard this story several times, but we're fairly certain he had an adverse reaction to something they gave him while he was under observation for kidneystones. less than an hour from going home from the clinic he collapsed. they revived him once, but then he flatlined completely after a massive pulmonary thrombosis. his lungs were riddled with blood clots no one had an explanation for; the clinic staff more or less ambushed my mother with paperwork within the hour and she unknowingly gave them permission to do their own autopsy. needless to say, there were quite a few inconsistencies in the report, and despite having one of the best malpractice firms in ohio on retainer they couldn't dig up enough to push for a settlement.

I'm still angry about it sometimes, but I realize holding onto bitterness doesn't really accomplish anything. but yeah, there was my life before that happened, and there's my life since then. it's getting better, but I can tell you no two people handle life-changing stuff of that magnitude the exact same way, and there are very few 'wrong' ways to respond to it. ultimately I don't think there's a reason we go through these things, but I believe there's a reason we survive them - because you never know when someone else will be blindsided by something surprisingly similar and won't know where to turn.

dooglas, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. if you ever need to vent or unload let me know.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ