But everyone is lowering that flag, to half-mast. The shooter could have been flapping that flag about like a hanky, and it doesn't matter: the country mourns the deaths by lowering its standards to half-mast.

Contrary to what you have said, there's no "magic" to the evidence of a relationship between the Confederate flag and the shooter. The man committed a hate crime. He wore the South African apartheid flag on his vest, along with the Rhodesian flag. Both are recognised as symbols of white supremacy. He clearly identified himself with the Confederate flag, and the reason for that wasn't because he was into Southern hospitality and largesse: it was because he wanted to align himself symbolically using all the relevant indicia, with white supremism.

The "leftist media machine", whatever that is globally or otherwise, didn't need to do a thing to provide evidence of that conclusion. The shooter wanted people to know precisely why he killed black people in a black church, and evoked what he regarded as the proper symbology to that end.

You're pushing both an ad hominem argument, which as you of all people know, is logically flawed: "the leftist media says that this is the case, the leftist media always lies, therefore this is incorrect".

You could argue, as thedoctor did logically, that to some people the Confederate flag has an alternative meaning and thereby justify its use on a government building. That's a respectable argument and one I won't dismiss and which got me thinking.

You, on the other hand, as the token logician on the forum, left yourself wide open to entirely appropriate ridicule. Lift your game.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com