Dave, is it really so hard to consolidate all your replies into one post?

Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Or just clarifying that the pissed off Fred Savage from Cali shouldn't be bolstering up 'Southern Heritage' when he ain't got none.

Your arrogance is astounding.

If you think I'm gonna play a game of "who's the most in touch with his Southern side," then you're out of your mind. Neither you nor Iggy-tard are the only ones with ties to Southern history, nor--for that matter--are you the only Scottish descendant on this board. Suffice it say, I'm fairly certain that neither of us was alive prior to the 1950s and we've both been subject to second-hand information regarding the cultural evolution of the South regardless of where we live. And if you want to know about my Southern heritage and my connection to Southern relatives, then politely ask me. Don't try to goad me into a game of I'm twice the [WHATEVER] you are.

From the very beginning, I have been most concerned with the flag's historical significance as it pertains to the South's dissent against the state of late 19th century American Federalism, and not once have I brought up "Southern heritage". I can care about our history (and the people who died for it) and try to keep it from being erased without claiming to be a dyed-in-the-wool enthusiast of Southern culture or a Confederate poser. Now that Haley and friends have rolled over and decided to go along to get along with these fuckers, they're not just aiming for the flag: they want to tear down every Confederate monument--Hell! Some retard on ABC suggested we should tear down Thomas Jefferson's monument yesterday because he owned slaves. They will milk and escalate this incident as much as they can.

But none of that matters to you because you're "on the sidelines". And that is exactly the kind of safe, soft headed "For-I-wasn't-a-Jew" attitude born of the fear of being viewed as an extremist. Pleas crawl out of your own ass.

Originally Posted By: iggy the historian
That copy/paste job was of the SC declaration of secession. Thanks for proving the point that you guys will gladly ignore the documented history when it does not jive with your imagined historical narrative.

You're an idiot.