Quote:

outside of her lane to lecture me in a semi-public forum on being "lawyerly"

Oh dear.

Prime contractors love ex-military. The people I dealt with at my anonymous client based in Arizona are almost all ex-USAF. And the primes are all investing heavily in cybersecurity. I follow Thales, LMCO, BAE systems, Raytheon and others on LinkedIn. The flashy videos show missile live fires. The boring articles are all about IT.

I looked into getting security clearance with a prime sponsoring me for it a few years ago because the prime was feeding me all manner of classified information (classified to the RAAF, that is). Pain in the arse. Notes of who you meet with, why, preferably with someone else in tow to evidence probity, and no visits to certain countries. Blah. I wanted to go to Damascus on a holiday before Assad screwed the pooch and that is now obviously out of the question, but I wouldn't have been able to even contemplate it if I had clearance.

But it does give you amazing entrée into private sector jobs. You'd get a well-paid job here in a blink as a trainee patent attorney because only three patent attorneys in Australia have security clearance to be able to file military patents. I assume something similar happens in the US.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com