Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
For me this is a bitter sweet victory. My guy passed away last year from a horrible form of cancer. We had been together just a hair under 25 years. He's in a better place now and left this one knowing he was loved more than ever. We were unable to officially get married but we truly were in our hearts.

We don't agree much politically, M E M, but I've always liked you, and I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

It might surprise you, but I actually attended a gay wedding back in 2009. While it's clear that I don't believe in gay marriage, I still attended to support his choice to do what he felt would give him happiness. The key word there being choice.
My choice. His choice.
As opposed to forcing people of faith to comply with a gun of state power to their heads, with one-sided justice, where gays have a right to their beliefs, and people of faith do not.

My problem is the point where political correctness forces bakeries and photographers to endorse gay marriage against their will, and fines them out of business if they don't compromise their beliefs to do so. As Rich Lowry said on Megyn Kelly's program tonight, if this is allowed to stand, the courts will be going after churches in 5 years if they refuse to perform gay marriage.

As we've discussed at length many times before.