I'll concede that the Confederate Flag is not banned, Australia-Dave. But the ability of free people to preserve it as part of their history and heritage is being leveraged out. It is being marginalized by the forces of Political Correctness. Where if you value the Confederate flag in any context, you are labelled and shouted down as a hater.

As I said above, there is certainly an argument that even with the man who created one of the earliest Confederate flags, that it was conceived as a symbol of white supremacy. But that to millions today, 150-plus years later, in former Confederate states it is not a symbol of hate, just part of their history. And that this "symbol of treason" was the banner fought under by military units in World War II against the Germans and Japanese.

And that even black Americans push for its historic preservation.

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
That simply isn't true WB. Hillary argued on the senate floor against changing the constitution so that it would have an anti-gay clause in it when she was a senator. Very well documented and easy to find if you want to check it out. It is true that she had been on record about marriage being for one man one woman but her actions against amending the constitution doesn't equal a republicans who went much further than saying voicing opposition against marriage equality. I can marry who I love because of democrats like Hillary and Obama.

So Hillary Clinton was against gay marriage before she was for it. And only cynically/opportunistically changed her POV on the subject AFTER Joseph Biden, Barack Obama and others tested the political waters. And even then, only to rally political support for an election.

I clearly am not a fan of gay marriage, but plenty of other Republicans/conservatives are on board for gay marriage. But you continue to front the lie that Democrats support it and Republicans oppose it.
That is a lie.

Democrats until 5 minutes ago said marriage was only between a man and a woman, and not out of belief or principle, but purely out of political expediency, now suddenly endorse gay marriage.
But to listen to liberal/gay zealots like yourself (and the partisan liars in the 80% liberal media) one would think that Democrats have been pushing gay rights for decades, and that roughly half of Republicans don't support gay marriage as well.

That is a lie.
Democrats are not longtime supporters of gay marriage, Republicans are not 100% opponents of gay marriage. Democrats only suddenly support gay marriage for political expediency, and I feel the same way about the Republicans who support it. From Charles Kraauthammer to Marco Rubio to John Kasich to Jeb Bush to Hillary to Obama, they just want to cave in and make the issue go away.