And on this issue...

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
...go ahead and try naming one presidential candidate on the republican side that argued against the anti-gay amendment?

I already offered a list of prominent conservatives who are openly relieved that the gay marriage issue is off the table, and that the US Supreme Court's ruling a few days ago gives them cover to drop the issue. Even though a minority of Republican candidates such as Marco Rubio and Mike Huckabee still press the issue, while most have ceased to make it a priority.

Even your compatriots on the snarky partisan far-Left MediaMatters fringe acknowledge Republicans have moved away from the issue. This clip from 8 months ago:

I don't have to name and quote Republicans on the gay marriage issue, your side did that for me.

And that doesn't change the fact that 2 years ago, Obama and Hillary Clinton both vocally upheld that marriage is only between a man and a woman. And AGAIN, not out of principle, but only in deceitful cunning and cynical political expediency did Obama and Hillary very recently embrace gay marriage. As have many Republicans maneuvering for 2016.