I vehemently disagree with forcing private businesses to accept and cater to homosexual unions. But government is a different animal. They serve all citizens. Private sectors should be able to deny their services to anyone. Their business will suffer or prosper accordingly. But whether Mrs. Davis likes it or not she doesn't work for Costco. She could have compromised without compromising her stance( I won't issue the marriage licenses personally but I won't stop or punish my deputies from doing so) Or she could have stepped down and stopped feeding off the teet of the public. Homosexuals pay taxes and obey the same laws we do. Why shouldn't they be afforded the same rights and protections as straight citizens? We don't live in a theocracy. I don't want the course of my life dictated by atheists, Buddhists, Christians,Jews, scientologists, etc etc etc. Two dudes signing a legal document and putting a ring on their finger doesn't nullify my marriage at all. If you believe gay marriage is against God's laws, then it's not binding to him. Do you think He gives a shit that some dinky court said its ok? Do you think he has to accept it? Does it harm you or your fellow citizens in some way? So why do you care? It's not your life and its not your business.