Answering Doog's above questions about the Supreme Court's ruling now being the law of the land that Kim Davis has to uphold, I just saw Alisyn Camerota on CNN interview Mike Huckabee for about 10 minutes. Alisyn Camerota asked precisely that question, arguing that the Supreme Court ruling is now the law of the land, so Kim Davis should, as county clerk, uphold that.
Huckabee responded that Dred Scott was the ruling of the Supreme court roughly 100 years ago (that essentially, blacks were not human) and asked should we now enforce that Supreme Court ruling as well. The point being, the Supreme Court was wrong on Dred Scott, and they are wrong on this ruling as well.

These are the "special rights" I specifically listed that I feel entitled to:
 Quote:
"They" includes Republican cowards or self-serving career bureaucrats who cave in to progressive/PC types on things like social issues, on increasing the federal debt, on the Patriot Act, on NDAA 2112 and NDAA 2013, and winning the Senate in Nov 2014 on the promise to de-fund Obamacare, then immediately caving and funding it for another year!

[i.e., preservation of our Constitutional freedoms treaded on by an increasingly oppressive central government, fiscal responsibility in not increasing our now $19 trillion debt, and Republicans actually honoring the promises of what they specifically campaigned to do.]

"Special rights", M E M, is a 2% minority of gays in the U.S. who feel they have the right to trample on religious freedom of the 78% in the U.S. who identify (Gallup poll) as Christian, and the over 90% who identify nationally as having religious faith.
As I said, Kim Davis is not being arrogant, she has a strong conviction that she is right, and that the June 2015 Supreme Court gay marriage ruling is wrong, and she is resisting an unjust law by preserving the Kentucky law she has upheld as clerk for 25 years. The state of Kentucky voted for defense of marriage as 1 man 1 woman (voting against gay marriage) by over 70%. Kim Davis is therefore upholding the will of the people of Kentucky, against an unjust federal Supreme Court intrusion, a ruling without precedent.

And I'll point out again that Kim Davis is an elected Democrat.