Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
Answering Doog's above questions about the Supreme Court's ruling now being the law of the land that Kim Davis has to uphold, I just saw Alisyn Camerota on CNN interview Mike Huckabee for about 10 minutes. Alisyn Camerota asked precisely that question, arguing that the Supreme Court ruling is now the law of the land, so Kim Davis should, as county clerk, uphold that.
Huckabee responded that Dred Scott was the ruling of the Supreme court roughly 100 years ago (that essentially, blacks were not human) and asked should we now enforce that Supreme Court ruling as well. The point being, the Supreme Court was wrong on Dred Scott, and they are wrong on this ruling as well.

I don't think I should have to point out this ironic train of thought but I obviously do.

What you're saying is that, just like the 1857 Supreme Court was wrong in considering a group of people don't deserve equal rights, the 2015 Supreme Court is wrong in considering a group of people deserve equal rights.

As I said in a post above "equal rights" is not taking away Christian rights of free speech and freedom of religion with the same brush that allows gays to marry.

When you force Christians to bake cakes for gay weddings, or Christian photographers to provide photography for gay weddings, or be imprisoned of fined out of business, that is NOT "equal".

Similarly, people of religious faith who dissent should not be forced out of office. That simply guarantees they will have no representation in government, and that laws intruding on religious freedom will only accelerate.
As I cited above, others have refused to deport illegal immigrants and refused to issue gun licenses, and they have not been removed from office, and they have not been arrested and jailed. Only Kim Davis, in a clear attempt to intimidate her into submission. The others have suffered no penalty or intimidation for violation of federal law.