Well, again, I see Obama's actions as destruction of the nation, whereas Huckabee advocates preservation of religious freedom, and what we have always been as a nation, in accordance with the original intent of the founders.

All of which is passing in significance anyway...

KENTUCKY CLERK [NOW] WON'T INTERFERE WITH GAY MARRIAGE LICENSES

Quote:
MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — Clerk Kim Davis returned to work Monday for the first time since being jailed for disobeying a federal judge and said she was faced with a "seemingly impossible choice" between following her conscience and losing her freedom over denying marriage licenses to gay couples.

With her voice shaking, she said she decided not to interfere with the marriage licenses, but declared they would not be authorized by her and she questioned their validity.

her first day back in the office after a five-day stint in jail, Davis said she was torn between obeying God and a directive from the judge that "forces me to disobey God." Davis, an Apostolic Christian, believes gay marriage is a sin.

"I'm here before you this morning with a seemingly impossible choice that I do not wish upon any of my fellow Americans: my conscience or my freedom," Davis read from a hand-written statement outside the courthouse where she works.

Davis became a hero to many conservative Christians when she stopped issuing the licenses after the Supreme Court effectively legalized same-sex marriage. Her profile reached a fever pitch when she was jailed, as protesters, presidential candidates and news crews from across the county descended on the small town of Morehead.

On Monday, she was again surrounded by throngs of media and said licenses handed out from her office would be done "pursuant to a federal court order."