Asked and answered, M E M:

Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

My problem is that there seems to be another standard with how Christians who respectfully disagree are treated. Where with muslims, or whatever, there is a liberal/PC stance that we have to be sensitive to their beliefs, whereas Christians are treated as bigots with no right to their beliefs who can be dismissively shouted down. Even more so, the fact that this nation was founded on Christan principles, and yet those seem to be the only set of beliefs that can't be tolerated.

The situation is that Kim Davis has been county clerk for 25 years, and the law that she has upheld for 25 years has now been turned upside down. (As I pointed out, AGAINST the beliefs of the overwhelming majority of Kentuckians, who voted 73% to oppose gay marriage.) So it's not like Kim Davis suddenly got a job there and is trying to change the rules.

I've also pointed out abundantly that there are politicians in other positions who have refused to deport illegals and refused to turn them over to federal authorities for deportation, and that these people, despite defying federal laws, are still able to keep their positions, and continue to politically posture in defiance from their positions. Oddly, in this case, only the Christian taking a stand for her beliefs is put in jail for her beliefs, and only she is forced to leave for her refusal conform to a law she opposes.

I think reasonable attempts to accommodate one's religious faith are tolerable. When you get into people trying to harass people of faith, or into creating nuisance lawsuits to crush beliefs of those they disagree with, a line is crossed that ceases to be reasonable.