I like the new characters as well. Having them not weighed down with Lucas's stiff dialogue really helps. Ren was also a better villain than I first thought that he'd be. The guy's reason for going to the Dark Side seemed a whole helluva lot more understandable than Anakin's. *Spoilers* The fact that they went through a whole lot of effort to show Chewie's bowcaster as being badass by tossing stormtroopers back when they get hit just makes him even more badass when all he does is pretty much just wince when he get hits. And then him punching the wound because pain feeds his Dark Side powers... fuck.

I kind of wish that it wasn't so much of a push from one action scene to another in a good portion of the film. Also, I didn't need Death Star 3.0. They could have come up with another weapon or plan instead of just kind of transposing the plot of a New Hope onto this one. The weapon was also pretty fucking ridiculous. Even by Star Wars standards.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."