Originally Posted By: iggy
GOP turnout and GOP vs Dem turnout numbers are trending parallel to 2000...the year the Supreme Court decided the election. You put Cruz at the top of the ticket and you really think those folks are going to sit at home? They'll get out and hold their noses just like so many Republicans will when their guy doesn't get the nod.

Yes I do. Because Hillary is totally detached from millennials.

From what I've seen in California, the thirty-and-below liberal crowd only got excited and really determined when Sanders offered an alternative to Hillary. I wouldn't necessarily say they're as zealous as the Ron Paul-tards, but every one of them I have spoken to has made it apparent that they're going to write his name in if he does not get the nomination. Otherwise, they're just not going to participate.

If Sanders won the nomination--which I don't think is going to happen--then I would be worried about democrats not staying home. If an when he leaves the race, whatever energy the Dems have now will die down. And if he tries to endorse Hillary after being drummed out, it will simply be a kiss of death for both of them in the eyes of college lefties.

By comparison, lefty millennial knowledge of Ted Cruz is nil, and ultimately overshadowed by Trump.

Quote:
Cruz is trending to what could be below threshold in Florida. Rubio dropping out could put Trump above 50% (needing about a third of his votes at most) there and effectively neutering Cruz's claim that he has a high floor and a low ceiling. This claim that a one-on-one will go against Trump has no legs...

I didn't say Rubio was going to drop out prior to Florida. I was pointing out that his inability to keep Florida--a key state, as well as his home turf--will render moot any arguments of political relevance derived from his Minnesota win. in which case, he's being outdone in Florida.