MEM - I don't even see it being a Trump issue. Trump hasn't properly articulated GOP policies at all, but what are they now?

It can't be Reaganesque trickle down economics, because Trump is anti-big business. Trickle-down economics is a rational platform for not taxing large companies. Its an anaethema to Democrats. But it is logical. Paul Ryan, a respected, credible, honourable GOP politician who gets economics and is committed to conservative economic principles, has gone very, very quiet on that.

It can't be national security because Trump wants to be a pal of Putin's and has threatened to withdraw from places like Japan and Korea unless the Japanese (which pay for 50% of the cost of US bases) and Korea pull their weight on cost. What they hey? How about the US Navy keeping open shipping lanes for US commerce if you want a purely fiscal debate about that? Plus Trump threatens the integrity of NATO, which has kept Europe and the North Atlantic safe for 70 years. Zombie Eisenhower would be endorsing Clinton on that basis alone. So who else in the GOP now thinks that the GOP has turned a hard left on national security? John McCain, the GOP hawk who is beyond reproach on service to his country, is shutting his trap on it.

It can't be Christian values, because notwithstanding what Pariah says about Trump being "open" to them and "listening", Trump is the antithesis of Christian values. He is all about the Godless dollar - the art of the deal. The GOP can fall back upon Pence on that front I guess.

It is a hell of a way to achieve party platform recalibration - let the guy with the microphone make it up as he goes along.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com