Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
The allegation is that Hillary has a pair of nuts? I am confused.

Obama was involved with a far-left organization called ACORN (the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now).

SoM playfully posted some acorns.

An effort at being funny which fell flat, clearly.

Quote:

Regarding your delusional point / Against your insulting portrayal / You conflate a lot here / Again, you seem to say that as if mocking the concern of U.S. conservative opposition / blah blah

I don't think you understand the purpose of my post, and sorry if that wasn't clear.

I'm not arguing with you, baiting you, mocking US conservative views, or trying to get traction in some sort of debate. I'm trying to understand where you and Pariah and G-Man are coming from. The list I made above was to try and give some sort of definition to it, not to mock it.

The reason for the desire to understand is that, as an outsider to the process, the conservative support for Trump is just bizarre given he stands against so many Republican ideals (many of which, outside of the Republican social agenda, I have sympathy with if not share). You don't think it is bizarre, and that is fine: I am endeavouring to understand why that is so rather than get into the usual point-scoring pissing contest (which we see on this forum so often) with you over it. We are not going to persuade each other that one of us is right and one of us is wrong, but a polite exchange of information on the topic is not going to harm anyone. I should have made the tone of my post a bit clearer around that.

And this pretty much sums up what I guess I was looking for:

Quote:

I don't wish to put words in the mouths of G-man and Pariah, but I'd say we're less mainstream Republicans now because we've felt less represented by the Republican party.

Bit of a shame we don't have any mainstream Republican voters here to draw a distinction in those views with.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com