I have been incredibly busy over the past few weeks Dave, and I'm liable to continue to be through this week. So while I would like to address your post in full, I cannot. You're operating off of so many erroneous premises that it would take me hours to contextualize and re-frame every error I see. I simply don't have the time right now.

Suffice it to say however, I have always been the most right wing person on this board--and I'm not saying that for the purpose of posturing. It's simply the truth; G-man has never held a candle to my starboard politics. The only reason you may have ever believed otherwise is because I had far less capacity to articulate the extent of my hard-right positions. As such, people like G-man and WB typically spoke for me, which caused people to lump me in with their closer-to-center stances.

-I've never been a fan of Bush even if I supported the war and tax-cuts. Even when I defended some of his policies, you could never have called me a fan.

-I've always been an advocate of secession in principle and have always lamented the fact that the South lost the Civil War.

-I've always had a problem with Federalism even when I defended the Founding Fathers' endorsement of the practice.

-I have never EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER considered myself to be a Libertarian. Their self-proclaimed indifference toward--if not condemnation of--culture consciousness and the nation-state makes them my mortal enemies.

To be fair, I wasn't even totally aware of exactly how right-wing and nationalist I was until I recently did some intensive research into the early 20th century that vindicated certain ideas that I've always entertained on an abstract level, but never quite had the gumption to vocalize for fear of saying something anathema, and therefore I denied outright.

I realize that sounds cryptic, but not quite ready to expand upon it yet. For now, I leave you with this: your perception of American conservatism is not based in objective reality. You, like many others who happen to be slaves of the MSM narratives, have fixated on the simulacra, and thus created an alternative hyper reality based on your own manipulated perceptions. Consider for a moment that Republican politicians do not actually represent their constituencies, but they ultimately end up characterizing conservatives anyway. This disconnect identifies two different realities, but the most popularized one inexorably overtakes the other regardless of any objective virtues.

Just ask yourself for a moment: are you seeing something real or could you actually be trapped in Plato's Cave?