I love how North Korea alleges "hostile policy" by the U.S.

Ignoring that the U.S. in a 1994 treaty gave North Korea over a billion dollars a year in free energy, and allowed them a nuclear reactor for peaceful energy purposes. That North Korea broke all its negotiated promises with, and used it to develop nukes, and constantly threatens the U.S. and its neighbors with long-range missile tests, clearly stated to be used to carry their nukes.

It's clear who is the peaceful good-faith negotiator, and who is the aggressive threat to the region and the world.

If it were just a question of keeping North Korea in check, I'd favor negotiation, or worst case scenario, allowing or providing Japan and/or South Korea with nuclear weapons as a deterrant to N. Korea.

But North Korea is a threat far beyond its borders in its proliferation of that technology to Islamic nations. We saw that in evidence when Syria was bombed by Israel almost 10 years ago, and nuclear triggers and other N.Korean technology was found in the ruins. N. Korea is impoverished , and has shown its willingness to sell its technology to anyone who will buy, particularly anyone who is a threat to the United States.

I don't see any real alternative other than an all-out attack on North Korea to annihilate that threat once and for all. That's not U.S. aggression, that's just eliminating the threat that both North Korea and China have wasted a thousand opportunities to peacefully resolve. Whatever cost to the U.S. of invading North Korea, it would be a small fraction of the cost if we allow North Korea to perfect its missiles and proliferate that technology. And if China doesn't like it, too bad. They've had many opportunities to pull the plug on North Korea and avert it culminating to this.