Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Actually I've seen polling that does [bear] that out. That would be from the media that doesn't just work as a pr arm for Trump.

No, the media are 80% liberal, and increasingly unashamedly a PR arm of the Democrats.

And despite that, I've seen a number of polls that show a majority support KEEPING the Civil War/Confederate monuments.

Originally Posted By: M E M
The counter protesters were not there for the statues though. They were there to stand up to the neo nazis and white supremacists. What type of "fine people" find themselves in a crowd with nazi flags?

I don't defend the white supremacists (including neo-nazis), but even the ACLU defended their free speech right to hold a demonstration. The old "I condemn what you say, but defend to the death your right to say it."

And watch again the above video I described as the best commentary on Charlottesville protests. He explained that the media completely misrepresented the 200-300 protestors there, that it was a tiny number of white supremacists, with the majority being "heritage not hate" advocates of preserving Civil War monuments, specifically the Robert E. Lee statue. And a large contingent of retired military or law enforcement, who were part of the demonstration to keep things calm and prevent violence. But the DEMOCRAT MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL shut down the legal permit, had the police stand down, and the police on orders actually pushed the two opposing sides together (pro-monument, and Antifa), and then did nothing to prevent the ORCHESTRATED violence.

BS, anybody in that group that stayed after seeing the nazi flags was not a fine person outside of undercover police. David Duke wasn't thanking Trump for nothing. Trump made it a little easier for others to stand with the neo nazis and white supremacists. That's why your seeing other GOP leadership speaking up.

Fair play!