Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
I'm sorry, Wondy. I know you probably think I was trying to bait you somehow,

Yes.

Originally Posted By: Sammitch
and I honestly wasn't.

Oh yes. You were.

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and try to understand where you're coming from, and lest you think I'm going to rip into you personally, I appreciate your honesty and, yes, vulnerability in giving me a straight answer.

I'd like to believe that, but...

That said, I would be remiss if I did not reply by saying I do not agree with a single damn bit of that.

Here we go.

This is not a personal attack. This is me saying what I read there is indistinguishable from the talk-radio-fueled conspiracy-theorist screed I often get from customers in my store who are either coming from or going to the reduced-cost community psychiatric clinic across the street.

"This is not a personal attack." Followed in the very next sentence with a viciously insulting personal attack. This is the third or fourth time you've assured me of your civility while simultaneously insulting me in the most absurd way possible.
REALITY CHECK: I didn't cite conspiracy theory, I cited sourced facts from non-right-wing polling groups, and statistics spanning decades by federal agencies like the U.S. Justice Department. I have two degrees and a medical certification, I'm not on medication or under psychiatric care, or impoverished so that I would be getting medication from some public clinic.

Originally Posted By: Sonnuvabich
I'm not calling you crazy,

Yes, you lyingly ARE.

but I am saying you're repeating crazy. At best it's crazy. At worst it's institutional xenophobic paranoia of the basest sort, and your conception of assimilation would make the Borg blush.

I'm citing facts from clear and reputable sources. You are PORTRAYING it lyingly as "institutional xenophobic paranoia" because you refuse to process and evaluate what I cited from the most reputable of sources, and just wish to insult me for saying something YOU are actually uninformed about, because you CHOOSE to be uninformed about it. You increasingly sound like a liberal Democrat.

Are there not millions more illegals in the country than in 2000 or 2008?
Are they not committing hundreds of thousands of crimes annually?
Are not over 50% of them on welfare?
Is it not a fact that the MINIMUM blacks as a demographic group have voted for a Democrat presidential candidate in the last 30 years is 88% ?
Is it not a statistical fact that there are about 3 million births a year, and 300,000 of them are "anchor babies" born to mothers illegally in this country, creating a path toward citizenship for their parents and entire extended family?
Don't illegal immigrants cost this country 100 billion a year in Federal, state and local law enforcement and social services?

These are not "paranoia". These are facts. Don't insult me for citing facts.

I don't know you personally outside of this site, and I'm not questioning that you are a good person, but if I heard an individual saying those things in person, I would not be comfortable allowing them around my family. I am doubtful we could find any sort of common ground on this issue, but honestly that makes me less angry than sad. I'm not sure whether it's just your choice of informational input, or traumatic experiences, or upbringing, or whatever. I just wish you could see the extent to which you're voluntarily limiting your ability to engage your community and, yes, your nation. I would like to think you're better than that. Our shared heritage across all ethnicities, languages, and faiths is and will always be a richer source of inspiration and truth than any sad, compartmentalized tribal identity, and the broader story of all the world's peoples offers a brighter future than the dim, narrow, carefully parsed glorification of empire you're choosing to call Western civilization. So now you know where I'm coming from. I hope you know I don't mean you any ill will on a personal level, but I'm not going to just sit here and bait you and be snarky without meeting transparency with transparency - agree or disagree, you deserve better. The hyperconnectivity of today's world means our neighborhood has never been bigger; I simply choose to see my neighbors the way a first-century noncitizen Palestinian Jew taught me to.

I really don't know where you're coming from.

Mixed with some gentler insults that you wouldn't want me around your family, etc., you've again insinuated some more, but HAVEN'T ADDRESSED ANY OF THE FACTS I PRESENTED or made the slightest case for my opinion being "paranoia".
It's not paranoia.
It is FACT.

You present a Kumbaya optimism about immigration and race that ignores what is actually happening.

Mexican drug cartels, and the related crime spreading deeper into the U.S. side of the border. Rampant drug addiction that is becoming a leading cause of death in the U.S.
As I said (and you ignored) an increasing incidence (both reported and unreported) of black-on-white crime, and riots. Minorities (both reported, and more so unreported) attacking whites in the street, sucker-punching them for kicks, hospitalizing them and killing them. MS-13 gangs, and other Hispanic gangs in spreading crime and violence.
Secessionist Mexican groups on virtually every college campus in the U.S. Southwest, and Leftists in CA gathering 550,000 signatures to have California secede from the United States.

And (as you ignored) Leftist/minority groups like Antifa and Black Lives Matter, that want to tear down our monuments. And not just Civil War monuments, but tearing down monuments of Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses Grant and other patriotic national monuments. Undermining the reason for existence of the nation. And a penultimate step to revolution and tearing down the nation itself.

Read THE SHADOW PARTY by David Horowitz.
Read STATE OF EMERGENCY by Pat Buchanan.
You can't dismiss the evidence they cite as "paranoia" and guys waiting in line for free meds at a public clinic. I COULD cite what YOU posted as complacency and self-delusion, and an immunity to the facts right in front of your face.