This discussion topic has an extensive display of Wrightson pages, from his comic book work for DC and Warren, portfolios and limited edition prints.

It occurred to me at some point that most of what Wrightson is best known for, from the 1972 to 1980 period, he did before he turned 30 years old!

I'd break his career into a few distinct periods:
1) the fanzine and early DC years from 1968-1971,

2) his SWAMP THING years when he reached the peak of his talent (1972-1974),

3) the Warren magazine period from 1974-1979, collected in the CREEPY PRESENTS BERNI WRIGHTSON book, and in color in the BERNI WRIGHTSON: MASTER OF THE MACABRE series 1-5 (the last 2 issues with some of his earliest fanzine work and self-published BADTIME STORIES).

4) his "The Studio" period from 1975-1979 where he shared a studio with Kaluta, Jones and Windsor-Smith producing limited edition posters and prints, and

5) his "Frankenstein" period, doing ornately detailed illustrations for the Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley novel from late 1975-1983. And the FRANKENSTEIN: THE LOST PAGES book (1993) that collected the pages not included in the final FRANKENSTEIN book (1983). Several portfolios, FRANKENSTEIN (1977), FRANKENSTEIN II (1978) and FRANKENSTEIN III (1980) have many pages that were otherwise not seen in the final book, until published in the LOST PAGES book.

There is some crossover between these periods. For example, Wrightson's "The Muck Monster" for Warren led to him immersing himself in illustrating the Frankenstein novel. And the Frankenstein period coincides with the Studio period and his Warren work, different creative outlets that all came out at once. And simultaneously in the late 70's/early 80's, Wrightson also did movie concept work for Heavy Metal (1981), Ghostbusters (1983) and other movies. And collaborative books and portfolios adapting work of Stephen King, who was close friends with Wrightson, and whose work was greatly admired by Wrightson.

After that, roughly the last 35 years or so of his career :

6) Wrightson had done the work he was passionate about, and continued doing work, but a bit half-hearted, relative to the work he'd done prior. A few illustrated editions of Stephen King books, some occasional covers and stories, and eventually in the late 80's back into doing comics, such as CAPTAIN STERN, THE WEIRD, BATMAN: THE CULT, PUNISHER: POV, and the SPIDERMAN: HOOKEY graphic novel. But a pale shadow by the late 1980's and 1990's of the work he'd done prior.

But I recall at a booksigning appearance in 1995, one guy commissioned Wrightson to do a drawing of "The Crow" and gave Wrightson a reference movie still to work from. And that page when finished was on a par with the best of his 1970's work. So Wrightson still had it in him, when he felt the inspiration.

In the link I provided above, the unfinished FRANKENSTEIN ALIVE, ALIVE he was working on at the time of his death looks like inspired work.