I forgot to mention this earlier, but I was in Palm Beach on both Dec 31 2017, and on Jan 1, 2018.

On Dec 31, there were about 40 West Palm Beach cops, and possibly some other Secret Service and other private security as we passed Mar A Lago. There was an outside tent over part of the road through the parking lot where they would stop cars going in to inspect them first before letting them drive in.

Going by from I-95 east toward Mar A Lago on Jan 1st, I noticed a lot more police along the two-mile stretch, at least 100. There were also a lot of people standing by the road with signs. I'd say at least 300. This was about 4 PM, and coincidentally, about the time Trump was to leave and head West on Southern Blvd to depart from the West Palm Beach airport, back to the White House.

Remarkably, virtually none of the signs held were negative. Mostly they said things like "Thank you, Mr. President", "We love you.", "We support you, President Trump", "Latinos for Trump". "Jews for Trump", and one I had to stop to read, "TRUMP didn't create hate, he revealed it!"

I only saw one opposition group of about 7 people, holding a large sign that took about 5 people to hold, that just said in large letters, "RESIGN". So, over 95% positive. I've never seen such an adoring crowd for a political leader.
No mention of that on the news, of course. But I was there, I saw it.

I was previously at the Boca Raton Resort and Club when Bill Clinton was there in 2000 for a world economic conference, but didn't see him. Quite the opposite for Clinton, there were over 100 protestors, none of whom supported Clinton, and addressed his crimes and abuses with their signs.

The only president I actually met and shook hands with was Gerald Ford, at a campaign rally, in 1976. It was interesting to see Secret Service agents staking out all the rooftops before his appearance. And he was quite personable, I exchanged a few words with him. I was 13. As a kid, I was amazed he'd give me any attention.

But I was very struck by the overwhelming positive reception for Trump a few days ago, along his route to the airport.
That'll get televised coverage, oh... never.