I doubt Schumer will be leading any more shutdowns. He exhausted his street-cred on this one, and can't afford to lose again.

Probably not a surprise to anyone, I don't support giving any legal status to DACA "kids" (a misnomer, their average age is 26). They are mostly welfare recipients, who have a far lesser ratio of high school graduation and college graduation, as compared to U.S. citizens. A study released over the last week conducted in Arizona shows DACAs commit crime and have gang membership at roughly twice the rate of U.S. citizens.

The estimates of DACAs in the U.S. is officially 700,000-800,000, but those who aren't advocates have made estimates much higher, up to 3.5 million.
And beyond that, if you give DACAs legal status, that creates a path toward citizenship for their illegal parents who brought them here, plus chain migration for their entire extended family. I would not support any DACA amnesty that doesn't close every one of those doors.

And even WITH those doors closed, that's still roughly 800,000 or more amnesty recipients who will vote overwhelmingly Democrat, regardless of whether it is Republicans who let them stay here. Because Democrats will ALWAYS have more lenient immigration policy, and DACAs/illegals favor whatever party makes it easier to move their entire family here.

The only thing that prevents Democrats (and establishment Republicans like Lindsey Graham) from allowing every last one of them amnesty is their accountability to voters who overwhelmingly oppose it. Thank God Trump is president, and on our side. I hope Trump holds out for all the above.
And I would like one further provision, that if any DACA has committed any crime or misdemeanor, any gang history, if they are on welfare or have been, and are therefore not a contributing asset to the United States as productive citizens, that would exclude them from any amnesty deal. That should cut the DACAs down by at least half. And also a provision that it is amnesty for just them, and doesn't create a path toward citizenship for their illegal parents who brought them, or for their extended family. No chain migration in the deal.

The consideration is never about what's right for Democrats, it's about whatever gives Democrats aa permanent majority. Both as the initial 1 or 3 million new naturalized DACA voters to tip the scaled for Dems, and going forward as a gushing stream of new Hispanic immigrants through chain migration, to give Democrats an ever-increasing bloc of welfare-dependent guaranteed big-state Democrat voters. That can not be allowed to happen.