Fair enough, Sammitch.
We can just set that discussion off for another time. I'm sorry you're not feeling well, and wish you a quick recovery. I've certainly been there many times myself.

There was a time when I voted independent (1992, 1996 and 2000) but I still identified as Republican, and was trying to push the GOP in a more conservative direction by withholding my vote. As I've laid out before, I see the globalists and lobbyists as controlling both parties (see Death of the West by Buchanan, and Obamanomics by Tim Carney for two examples of that case made) but have always believed the national interest is better served by Republicans despite their being almost as corrupted as the Dems.
But as I've laid out before, Trump for whatever flaws is in a unique position of being opposed by both parties, for precisely the reason that he is essentially there to "drain the swamp" and dispose of the establishment corruption in both parties.
Like Reagan before him, there are limits to how much Trump can change on his own, and he is therefore forced to compromise and make a deal. But if he lasts 8 years and gains enough popular support, there will be enough popular pressure to force the establishment parties to submit to real reforms. I suspect if Trump is dislodged an establishment GOP G.H.W.Bush type would undo all his reforms, and the globalist destruction of America over the last 30 years will resume.

My perspective is, if you condemn both parties, and you don't hold out for a once-in-a-lifetime reformer like Trump (if he does what he says he will, and he has fulfilled all his promises so far), but barring a Trump or a Reagan, if you reject the 2-party system and don't believe either party offers a way out, the only alternative left is revolution. And I don't see that enough of the complacent American public supports that option for it to be successful.
But again, another conversation for another time.