The FLASH GORDON movie adaptation, with 60-plus pages by Al Williamson, scripted by Bruce Jones. It was originally published in 1980 as issues 31-33 of the FLASH GORDON comic book. Then it was released with offset printing in 8" X 11" hardcover and trade paperback editions. I have it in both comics and hardcover. I first got it in issues 31-33. Then years later I saw the hardcover at a very nice price. I bought it on ebay for $5.58 including postage from someone in New York city! I've seen the same edition sell for a minimum of $50.00 every other time I've looked. The comics are great, but the colors and offset printing and larger format are like the digitally remastered stereo-surround-sound version of the former.

And I recall even the jaded COMICS JOURNAL reviewing this adaptation when it came out, saying that despite such a mediocre movie, how great it was that it inspired this wonderful Al Williamson adaptation. There were some fun bit parts in the movie by Max Von Sydow, Timothy Dalton, and Sylvester Stallone, fun to see their likenesses in the comics version.

Williamson also did beautiful adaptations of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, RETURN OF THE JEDI and BLADERUNNER, in MARVEL COMICS SUPER SPECIAL.