My assurance that Democrats want to take away ALL guns is the way they do precisely that in any state or city where Democrats have a monopoly on the system. It is near impossible for a person in New York to buy guns, certainly very difficult for someone who is not wealthy.
Cities like Philadelphia (gang members and criminals cross the river to Camden to buy guns that are difficult to get in Philadelphia, which explains why Camden at one point was the murder capital of the United States.)
Cities like Chicago (a city that by gun deaths and shootings, is more dangerous than Beirut or Baghdad. And was more dangerous at the peak of the Iraq war!)

I would love to see a study that specifies how most gun murders occur. I doubt many deaths are by AR-15 type automatic/machine gun weapons.

Liberals at every turn use deceit to sell their gun-banning agenda. They inflate the numbers by including gun SUICIDES in with "gun deaths", that are clearly not shootings. Women commit suicide more often with sleeping pills, men more often with guns. But I wonder if there is ANY statistical basis for the kind of bans that liberals want. Most shootings with automatic weapons are by Islamic terrorists. The number of shootings at schools in the last 6 years or so are less than 10 that I can recall. Sandy Hook, CT. Parkland, FL. The only other I recall offhand was the psycho kid in Aurora, CO, and that wasn't a school. If somebody had just stopped this kid in Parkland for being on property when he wasn't supposed to, before he got his gun out and started firing, problem solved.

It seems to me the EXISTING laws would be adequate, if they were consistently enforced. A criminal background check that is done correctly, a psychological assessment if it had been done correctly, would have prevented this kid from having guns.

The kid at Sandy Hook had guns, and up till the Sandy Hook shooting incident had no flags that would have prevented him access to guns, that his mother purchased, and that he was trained in the safe use of. Likewise the kid in Aurora, CO (who had a number of pipe bombs and booby traps set too, by the way). None of the proposed gun bans/restrictions proposed would have prevented any of these incidents. Or would prevent any similar future incidents. Which leads me to believe Democrat calls for gun bans are in truth advocacy for authoritarian state control that prevents citizens protecting themselves, not about solving the actual problem. Which is the standard deceitful radical-left Saul Alinsky way.