AGAIN: How many shootings of schools actually are there?

The majority of shootings are Islamic attacks and other assorted lone nuts, not schools shot up. Even military bases have been attacked! And the more I hear, the reason the bodies pile up is because people on the scene are unarmed, NOT because there are assault weapons.
There were four armed cops with bulletproof vests and guns who just sat outside and did nothing while this kid shot 17 people, including 3 teachers who clearly were a lot braver than the Broward County sheriffs on the scene. If those cops had simply done their job, it's possible no one would have been killed.

If you read above what both Sammitch and I both just posted, only a tiny fraction of crimes are done with assault rifles. And in the case of Sandy Hook elementary, Aurora, CO shooting, San Bernadino, or the Parkland high school, all these people went through a background check and purchased their guns legally. I don't see that banning them will make one bit of difference.

I read an article recently that as a ratio of population, there is currently the lowest ratio of gun ownership in U.S. history. Polls vary, but somewhere between 25 to 30%.
So... is it GUNS that are the problem?
Or the people who own them?
That because of social factors in the modern era, people are somehow more damaged in greater numbers, less compassionate to other human beings, more numbed to violence, and therefore more prone to gun violence. You can outlaw guns, but you can't outlaw the people who remain damaged. Look at the Wikipedia list I cited a few posts ago. A lot of those crimes are with knives, or explosives, sometimes stored elsewhere in reserve and not used. I don't know what you think outlawing guns, or more narrowly assault rifles, will actually accomplish. The DOJ already showed that a 10 year ban made no difference whatsoever.