Interested in what foreigners think of Duterte.

I'm seeing a lot of foreign news agencies' reports on Duterte, and it's really made me wonder if there's a concerted effort to paint the man as worse than he really is.

Don't get me wrong. Duterte is a PR nightmare and there are a lot of policies he implemented that personally affected me (his TRAIN law made it harder for me to support my family, and I have had to make adjustments to our finances and way of life just to keep the lights on), but he's still miles above the previous administration and there are improvements that I see. He's definitely not the Hitler that foreign media is painting him to be.

Actually makes me wonder if all of those things I've read as a kid about Saddam Hussein and Gadaffi are true or they were just victims of hatchet jobs. Maybe they were harmful, but not harmful enough that their citizens actually wanted foreign countries to come in and muscle them out? I also fear that with the way things are going - foreign countries will come in and forcibly oust Duterte, leaving a power vacuum and turning us into another Libya.