I think it says there are more important things to discuss. Such as situations with North Korea, Iran, China and Russia, and domestic issues such as tax reform, securing our borders, DACA immigrant status, and stopping the endless waves of illegal immigrants, rebuilding our military.

Trump has been under constant attack since election night, much of it speculative and manufactured by the Left and their conspiracy partners in the rat-fuck liberal media.
If you watch Fox News, the Stormy Daniels story is mentioned.
If you watch CNN, MSNBC, or the other liberal media, it's an obsession. Even as they IGNORE Trump's accomplishments in almost instantly improving annual growth, and the fruit of Trump's stronger foreign and economic policy, including Kim Jong Un surprisingly offering peace talks. For about half a day, liberal anchors acknowledged what an achievement that was, before they jumped back into anti-Trump attack mode. My impression is, if any liberal-media anchor even TRIED to be objective and not anti-Trump fanatical, they would be fired from their respective networks. If they weren't partisan liberal nutjobs already, and had any interest in objectively covering Trump in the first place.

But yeah, Stormy Daniels. It's a minor story about Trump that's out there. That the liberal media who have failed in every previous attempt, would like this to be a major scandal that could bring down Trump.
Trump, through his lawyers, apparently gave Stormy Daniels $120,000 or so, where she was very well paid for a non-disclosure agreement. Now, for whatever reason, she would like to break the agreement to extort more money. Looking at her previous overtures for political office, also possibly for Democrat-partisan reasons she is trying to hurt Trump. Just as Roy Moore's accusers were women active in the DNC and several past campaigns.

Did Trump have sex with Stormy Daniels? Not proven, still speculative, but yeah, probably. But it allegedly happened in 2006, now 12 years ago. Long before Trump ever campaigned or became president. (He married Melania in 2005. So there is an infidelity issue.) But it's not like he, say, had sex with a 22 year old White House intern in the Oval Office, and then lied in testimony under oath about it, and obstructed a 40 million dollar Independent Counsel investigation.
When Bill Clinton did all that other stuff, you didn't think it was such a big deal. And that's far more than what Trump did, in the worst case scenario.

I think it's a much bigger issue that there has been abuse of power by Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Sally Yates, James Comey, Andrew McCabe (and his wife), Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Flynn case judge and FISA warrant judge Rudolf Contreras, Bruce Ohr (and wife employed by FusionGPS, Robert Meuller and his "independent investigation" made up of DNC campaign donors, former DNI director James Clapper, and former CIA director John Brennan, along with Bill and Hillary Clinton, and others that I don't presently recall. All abused their power at the highest levels of the DOJ, FBI, CIA and other federal agencies to weaponize law enforcement and do illegal surveillance, to attempt to rig the 2016 presidential election, and then to create a false case in a political coup to depose an elected president, Donald Trump. That political leadership, career bureaucrats, and the liberal media are all collaborating together to make a false case against Trump for collaborating with Russia during the 2016 campaign. When in truth, ALL of the evidence leads to Hillary Clinton and the DNC, >>>NOT<<< to Trump. (The Clinton Foundation donations, FusionGPS, Christopher Steele's collaboration with Russians in compiling the Russia Dossier, UraniumOne and the payoffs to the Clinton in exchange for pimping the Uraniam sale to the Russians through a Canadian front company, Hillary's illegal unsecured private server, the 33,000 missing e-mails, deleting e-mails and smashing the hard-drives and memory chips in Hillary's computers and phones, on and on).

I would argue that the Stormy Daniels story is just the latest feeble attempt to keep alive the endless barrage of allegations unleashed on Trump. I got a chuckle watching Anderson Cooper on CNN just about ejaculate on himself with excitement "reporting" this story. It was a liberal wankfest.