A few nights ago, Fox News had a report about the situation in Puerto Rico. Incredibly, there are STILL about 100,000 people there without power. Even after power is restored, it is reported that many are planning to leave Puerto Rico, and relocate to the mainland U.S.

I can't say I blame them. It's absurd that over 6 months later, there are still people without power. My above mentioned hairstylist from Puerto Rico said that the wealthy areas were quickly restored, and there is a huge contrast between them and all other residents in Puerto Rico. It manifests a low priority that power is not restored yet.

Although I would also point out that there was so much debris from the storm here in Florida, that my condo association would put out only a portion of it to be taken away in increments, and it was only sometime in January that they finally ran out of debris to pile out by the development entrance for Sanitation to take away. But there's a big difference between extra debris and not having power. No electricity means you can't cook, do laundry, or in many cases even have clean water to shower and drink. I experienced some of that over 4 long days. It was even difficult to sleep at night in the heat and humidity. Four days felt like 2 weeks. How much more so in Puerto Rico?