At 7:30 AM this morning, there was another shooting at Santa Fe High school in Santa Fe, Texas:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Fe_High_School_shooting

10 killed, 10 wounded, this is the largest school shooting since the Parkland, FL shooting, and the 4th this year. As of this writing, the motive for the shooting is still not disclosed, and perhaps not known yet. I think we can safely guess the kid was pissed off about something.
But the two weapons used belonged to the kid's father, and were legally purchased through a background check. So again, the laws passed on assault weapons in the wake of the Parkland shooting are irrelevant, and there was no negligence in the gun purchasing process.

The kid from Parkland High school, David Hogg, really pisses me off with how he blames the NRA and pushes through Facebook and other media for boycotts of the NRA and various other businesses who give NRA discounts. He's a Leftist-funded mouthpiece for the gun-ban agenda, and what he advocates against the NRA and others has no relevance to any of these shootings. "Never let a crisis go to waste", I guess.