This post about Kaluta gives an overview of the early years of Kaluta's career, and a number of the covers
I haven't shown yet. Along with brief mention of his "Carson of Venus" and "Spawn of Frankenstein",
and THE SHADOW series, as well as mention of his fanzine work, and his work in "The Studio" period,
with Jeff Jones, Barry Windsor-Smith and Berni Wrightson.

I'd forgotten that an issue of GREEN LANTERN 84, July 1971 (story by Dennis O'Neil, pencils by Neal Adams,
inked by Berni Wrightson) had a story about a city of factory workers who accept pollution, loss
of personal safety and chemical brainwashing of their company, in exchange for good-paying corporate
jobs. The machine that causes the pollution makes a sound, KA-LOO-TTA, that at a time when the artist
wasn't well known, was an early introduction for readers to the correct pronunciation of his name!

It also mentions, as I cited before, that Kaluta was the visual photo-reference for the villain
character in Wrightson's "Swamp Thing" story in HOUSE OF SECRETS 92.

The STARSTRUCK series, despite being among the nicest comics art by Kaluta, has a story that barely
makes sense to me. But it's parody, so that's mostly the point. And Kaluta did designs for a
stage play version of the series. I have the HEAVY METAL issues the was first serialized in, before being
collected in Jan 1985 as a Marvel Graphic Novel.
I didn't know till now Kaluta collaborated on a music video with Allan Parsons Project!

Like Wrightson, Kaluta has done a huge range of work, both inside and outside of comics.