That was actually Sean Spicer, not Trump, beginning his first day on the job as press secretary. His point was that there was a very large crowd, far larger than the media portrayed it, and when you take into account the millions who watched the inauguration online, it was at least as large and viewed as Obama's inauguration, if not larger. And that many were prevented from reaching the area of the ceremony by security. As the liberal media did and still does often with Trump campaign speeches, the media deceitfully tried to hide in their coverage how large and enthusiastic the crowd was.

I mentioned in Jan 2018 when Trump was at Mar A Lago in Palm Beach, and I drove by, and was astonished the hundreds who held signs, and to my surprise that all but about 5 or 7 (who were all together holding mostly one sign) were OVERWHELMINGLY supportive of Trump. Even on local news, that wasn't portrayed fairly or accurately. But I was there.

About a month later, Trump was there a second time and I drove through WPB and Palm Beach again, and it was the same. Overwhelming support. Again, not portrayed accurately on the local news.