Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Obama's birth certificate was front page material for months. Trump actually generates his stories like he did that one for Obama. When do you hold him accountable?

I'm not sure exactly what your point is on this one.

In the media, it was portrayed as Republican racists who were demanding Obama's birth certificate. And as my posts for 9 years here back up, I never considered this the best issue to attack Obama on, that it just played into Democrat hands, because it's very clear that Obama was born in Hawaii, where both his parents met and attended college.

The demand for Obama's birth certificate, that every other presidential candidate provided, is a legitimate one. The allegation that he was born in Kenya is completely false, and even the likes of Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly quickly reported that. It was a fringe of Republicans who bought and promoted that narrative, NOT the Republican mainstream. And certainly not me.

The Obama-Newspeak media also neglected to report that:
1) it was the Hillary Clinton campaign that first raised the slander narrative that Obama was not born in the U.S. and demanded Obama's birth certificate,
and
2) it wasn't racist and unique to a black presidential candidate, the same slander narrative treatment was given to John McCain, alleging McCain was "not a U.S. citizen" and therefore not eligible to be president, even though he was in truth born at a U.S. Naval base in Panama. (Which again, was a slander campaign begun within the Hillary Clinton campaign, that the mainstream media minimally if at all reported.)