Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
They know she's not holding them hostage. It was stupid of Trump to even to try to hold them for ransom.

I don't even know where you're coming from with the "hostage/ransom" nrrative, I guess that's the lastest meme the Democrats are trying to sell.

It is a fact that Trump is trying to negotiate and didn't even leave Washington DC for Christmas and New Years, and has put proposaal after proposal on the table. And Peliosi, Schumer and the Democrats are constantly out of town and not available to meet with him, have rejected proposals before he even offered them. And that while Trump is making offers in good faith, Pelosi is a continent away on the other side of the world, not even trying to negotiate a solution so 800,000 federal employees could go back to work.

Pelosi thinks the liberal media will sell it as Trump's fault no matter what, and the more she prolongs it the more it will hurt Trump. But I think the tide is turning at this point, and despite DNCNN and MSDNC, the tide is now turning against the Democrats.