I thought the 2016 Republican field was large. Now the 2020 Democrat field is up to 24 candidates, with probably more to enter later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries

Of the 24 currently in, 10 I never heard of till looking at the wikipedia page above. And I follow campaaign politics about as much as you could possibly follow it. Many of them (such as de Blasio) no doubt are not serious, and are just trying to increase their political visibility.

So far as I know, the 2016 Republican primary field was the most crowded ever, and this far exceeds that. And it ain't over yet...

The fact that Biden is leading the pack by a wide margin demonstrates that despite having 24 candidates, the selection is still pretty lousy.

I watched the Fox News 1-hour town hall meeting with Buttegeig on Sunday (May 19th).

And another on Special Report of Klobuchar.

It's telling of just how far off the deep end the Democrats are that every last one of them endorses:

* open borders,
* sanctuary cities,
* amnesty and/or citizenship for illegals,
* healthcare for illegals,
* federal reparations for blacks,
* the "green new deal",
* endorse post-birth infanticide (no restrictions on abortion),
* abolishing ICE,
* abolishing the electoral college (eliminating representation for smaller states),
* adding more justices beyond 9 to pack the Supreme Court with liberals,
* making Washington DC a state (washington D.C. was conceptualized specifically to not be a state),
* make Puerto Rico a state (only because it is a guaranteed Democrat electoral addition),
* to lower the legal voting age from 18 to 16,
* to let illegals vote (first voiced by failed GA governor candidate Stacey Abrams),
* and let incarcerated violent felons vote (first voiced by Bernie Sanders).

If any of the 24 maniacs running have not openly endorsed any of these points, they have at least quietly not condemned them for the craziness they are. Which means, though not campaigning on them, they would allow them if elected president.

We truly live in dangerous times.