Originally Posted By: the G-man
You know, at this point it’s basically just the three of us. And by three of us I mean the two of you (MEM and WB) and an occasional visit from me.

Are you guys sure you don’t wanna start posting at the other board I mentioned

https://forwardfirebase.com/

Even as a back up?

You got a figure one of these days Rob is going to get sick of paying the hosting bill.

Originally Posted By: the G-man
As I said above nothing is stopping anyone from posting here but having another board we all post on as a back up could be a good idea.

In fact you may have forgotten this but when this board was at its most active, part of that activity was the result of members raiding other forums and then inviting people back here

Feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted anything, G-man, but it doesn't sound like you're trying to direct traffic here. In your first post, it sounds like you're directing us to leave to post elsewhere.

I've always liked that this was a relatively small posting community. Even at its peak, it was mostly at most 30 or 40 posters here. If we could just add 10 or 20 new active posters here, it would be about the same activity there was a few years ago.

I recently looked about 3 months ago to see among the top posters, how many there were posting here as regulars:

http://www.rkmbs.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showmembers&sb=8&page=1&like=-1

TOP 25 POSTERS: at least 16,249 posts
TOP 26-50: at least 6,236 posts
51-75: at least 2,704 posts
76-100: at least 1,284 posts

TOP 101-125 at least 774 posts
126-150: at least 549 posts
151-175: at least 382 posts
176-200: at least 277 posts!

That's not even taking into consideration that there's a lot of alts among that top 200 that are the same person. So even at its peak it was a small but articulate and funny and acrimonious group. Smaller than even these numbers demonstrate.

At the point below that 200, you're talking about people who registered and only posted here for a few days or weeks. Or an alt that was only used periodically for a few weeks or months. Like the charming Angry-Drunk G-Man.

So... we've always been a small community. Son of Mxy I recall voiced my own view, that posting has reduced because of Facebook and Twitter, but neither of those is as good for prolonged discussion as these boards.

As I said to you elsewhere, G-man, I think Rob has a pride in these boards, and even when activity is slow here, there's a wealth of intelligent, provocative, and often funny as hell past discussions, that I think Rob wants to preserve, and probably like me and others here, enjoys looking back on and re-reading.
I love that a discussion here can lay dormant for a year or five years, and then suddenly be revived with the same energy as when it began. There are links and articles and funny images that I've looked back on when it might seem even though there are no recent posts that no one cares. I do. I think others do as well. The Wrightson topic has 10,000 views, the Kaluta topic I started not even a year ago has close to 7,000 views. Someone is enjoying these topics, likewise the WOMEN section topics and nudie pics, and the Snarf topic, and many others.

So I'm not prepared to give up, and I just wish those lurking and quietly enjoying would post more. It shouldn't be that hard to revive what was always a small forum community.