Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
And the Judiciary committee wasn't one of the three committees conducting the inquiry.

I think if positions were reversed you would be more than fine with impeaching a democrat for abusing their office like Trump has in this situation. Nor do I see how this could be a Hail Mary type thing considering the GOP controls the Senate. Removal will require bipartisan support.

That might be true, if the person in the reverse position (Republican or Democrat) had done ANYHING WRONG!

It's infuriating that your side:
1) completely bypasses any pretense of fairness and impartiality as they rig the investigation and exclude any openness or mutual sharing of facts to allow for Trump's defense.

and
2) That your side hypocritially wants to impeach Trump on the slightest whiff of a scandal, while simultaneously turning a blind eye to >>>>>FAR<<<<< more egregious abuse of power by Obama, Hillary, Biden, son Hunter, Menendez, Leahy, Durbin, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Bruce and Nellie Ohr, Lois Lerner, Koskinin, on and on!

It truly scares me that your party could ever egain regain power. It would be a complete marginalization of Republicans, banning them from any platform in news media or social media, exclusion from employment, and purge of all dissenting thought, even Democrat thought, that doesn't follow the party line. Just ask Tulsi Gabbard about that one, or Nicholas Sandmann, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Pam Bondi, or the hundreds of attackss on Republicans for thingsa as simple as wearing a MAGA hat. Control of all three branches would bring about a Democrat-led purge in the U.S. akin to the Great Terror of the French Revolution.

It is not the with the slightest exagerration that I refer to the Democrats as the Bolshevik party. Intimidation, violence, slander, whatever serves the Revolution. Mob rule, authoritarian and vindictive use of power. The complete abandonment of rule of law.

What occurred for 8 years under Obama (the IRS targeting conservatives, "Fast and Furious" running guns by ATF to Mexican drug cartels, illegal FISA warrants on the Trump campaign...), and that Trump has attempted to turn away from, to restore rule of law and trust in government.