Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
And the Judiciary committee wasn't one of the three committees conducting the inquiry.

I think if positions were reversed you would be more than fine with impeaching a democrat for abusing their office like Trump has in this situation. Nor do I see how this could be a Hail Mary type thing considering the GOP controls the Senate. Removal will require bipartisan support.

That might be true, if the person in the reverse position (Republican or Democrat) had done ANYHING WRONG!

It's infuriating that your side:
1) completely bypasses any pretense of fairness and impartiality as they rig the investigation and exclude any openness or mutual sharing of facts to allow for Trump's defense.

and
2) That your side hypocritially wants to impeach Trump on the slightest whiff of a scandal, while simultaneously turning a blind eye to >>>>>FAR<<<<< more egregious abuse of power by Obama, Hillary, Biden, son Hunter, Menendez, Leahy, Durbin, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Bruce and Nellie Ohr, Lois Lerner, Koskinin, on and on!

It truly scares me that your party could ever egain regain power. It would be a complete marginalization of Republicans, banning them from any platform in news media or social media, exclusion from employment, and purge of all dissenting thought, even Democrat thought, that doesn't follow the party line. Just ask Tulsi Gabbard about that one, or Nicholas Sandmann, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Pam Bondi, or the hundreds of attackss on Republicans for thingsa as simple as wearing a MAGA hat. Control of all three branches would bring about a Democrat-led purge in the U.S. akin to the Great Terror of the French Revolution.

It is not the with the slightest exagerration that I refer to the Democrats as the Bolshevik party. Intimidation, violence, slander, whatever serves the Revolution. Mob rule, authoritarian and vindictive use of power. The complete abandonment of rule of law.

What occurred for 8 years under Obama (the IRS targeting conservatives, "Fast and Furious" running guns by ATF to Mexican drug cartels, illegal FISA warrants on the Trump campaign...), and that Trump has attempted to turn away from, to restore rule of law and trust in government.

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

There's more than a whiff of scandal here WB, I would think even you would have to admit that. Trump asked a foreign government to investigate the political rival he views as his biggest threat. Plus it looks like he had his personal lawyer running some type of shadow state department. If they have facts and testimony that actually cleared them of wrongdoing than why the effort to shut down the inquiry and lack of cooperation? And even the Trump administration passed on the IRS thing. When I read up on it I can see why. It was a fake scandal but a very good one for tax cheats as the GOP cut its funding.

Again, that's complete horseshit. There is nothing proven by Democrats, the speculation requires a lot of reading into the facts what is not evidently there. Just because Trump said "Do me a favor..." to the Ukranian president doesn't add up to intimidation or "quid pro quo". The transcript of the call, the statements of Ukranian president Zelenskyy, the Schiff-kangaroo-court statements of the U.S. envoy and U.S. ambassador, all attest to the fact there was NOT coercion, intimidation, or "quid pro quo".

Democrats lyingly allege that Trump witheld funds to intimidate Zelenskyy to give up incriminating records about Biden, but Zelenskyy, as well as both U.S. and Ukranian officials, have ALL verified that while there was a delay in funds to Ukraine, it was for confirming there was no Ukranian corruption, and that Zelenskyy was completely unaware of the delay.

Wouldn't the purpose of hypothetical intimdation be to make the Ukranians aware of the delay in U.S. funds? There was no awareness made, in Trump's call to Zelenskyy, or through any of his officials. It's Democrats chasing windmills. it's a lie.
After three years of lies by the Democrats about Trump. Every allegation proven, usually within days, to be false.

When will you admit that?