Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Actually Wallace stated what all our intelligence has found. It's Trump and company that ends up downplaying the findings. Kennedy when he says he doesn't know actually does know because even the republican lead investigation came up with the same conclusion. Chris Wallace isn't a liberal. These days though if a conservative doesn't tow the Trump partisan line on a lot of things they get labeled as such. He's still a serious journalist who can't just go with the lies.

Quote it!

Wallace did not say that. I just posted the Youtubed video of it above.

And what you say about "if a conservative doesn't tow the Trump partisan line on a lot of things they get labeled as such" is horseshit.

It has been cited that for most of Trump's campaign and presidency, even among conservative pundits on Fox, the majority of conservatives are never-Trumper conservatives. Some I can think of offhand are Guy Benson, Jonah Goldberg, Ben Shapiro, Nick Napolitano, Richard Lowry (National Review), and even Glenn Beck, who became a Trump supporter based on Trump's accomplishments, Beck converting about a year after Trump's inauguration. That even on Fox News, never-Trumper conservative opinion is represented in a far greater ratio on-air than it exists among Republican voters nationwide. There are many Trump conservative critics on Fox I can respect as having honest well-thought-out disagreement on aa particular issue, rather than just regarding them partisanly anti-Trump. But there certainly are never-Trumpers as well.

I'd put Wallace in the same category as Tim Russert on Meet The Press, where he is a good reporter but still a liberal, and while perhaps unconsciously slipping in a partisan spin here and there, he gets away with it because he is a respected journalist.

I used to feel the same about Charlie Rose, that (circa 1998-2007) whatever his political views, Rose during interviews came across as neutral. But in the Obama years Charlie Rose became an unquestionable partisan, anti-Trump and anti-Republican.

Wallace isn't in the blatant-partisan category yet, but in just the last few weeks during the impeachment hearings, it annoyed me how Wallace in post-hearings commentary each day just absolutely couldn't bring himself to say that the Democrats at any point had a bad day in the hearings, or that Dems and witnesses had failed to make a case and present evidence of crimes by Trump.

Alan Dershowitz, a liberal attorney, is able to acknowledge that visible loss by the Dems more than "objective/neutral" Chris Wallace.