Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I would argue that things have changed. Holding foreign aid to an ally that is fighting a foe for political favors should never be acceptable. Trump will likely not be removed from office but the impeachment will historically forever mark his corruption. I would agree we are more into sides these days but basic concepts of right and wrong can't be all be dismissed because of it.

Gah!

The incredible double standard of the Democrat/Left.

Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton "witheld that foreign aid to an ally" (Ukraine) that was "fighting for its life" FOR HIS ENTIRE PRESIDENCY! It was Trump that began lethal military aid that is finally allowing Ukraine to defend itself now. Trump only witheld aid for something like 40 or 50 days, to make sure the U.S. was not giving funds to a notoriously corrupt country (Ukraine till then had ranked 3rd in corruption of all nations on earth!)
So all Trump did was temporarily suspend aid until, if I recall, September 11th. When the aid was expected by or before September 30th. There was no delay!
And then when you look at National Security Council member Fiona Hill (a clear Hillary Clinton supporter), with her elitist globalist ideology and snooty accent, who posted an editorial that she opposed ANY aid to Ukraine in a published editorial....
Or fired partisan ambassador Maria Yovanovich (another clear Obama/Hillary supporter, who threw a Hillary 2016 victory party, and used her power to advise Ukraine against corruption investigations of Soros-funded and other Democrat-friendly businesses in Ukraine, and disparaged president Trump constantly in front of Embassy staff and Ukranian officials) who likewise never pushed or made a priority of getting Ukraine U.S. military aid...
Or Alexander Vindman, the same...
Or any of the others who testified before Congress to slander Trump. **NONE** of them pressed for the aid, that Donald Trump **ACTUALLY PROVIDED**, that these Trump/Hillary bureaucrats never provided, and never advocated.

Trump's witholding aid for such a brief period, to verify how the aid would be used in a notoriously corrupt nation, is infinitely justifiable. Your arguments against Trump doing his job, to ensure U.S. aid is not thrown away or used for corrupt purposes, when your side NEVER DID ANYTHING to arm Ukraine, is incredible hypocrisy, and empty lying talking points.