Just noticing this...

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man, 12-9-2019

As to your complaint about this not being a bipartisan impeachment, that would be nice but i really don't see any chance of that happening with republicans. Lindsey Graham originally said it would be deeply troubling if the President engaged in a quidproquo. When Sondland testified under oath that there was one, Graham stated he stopped reading the transcripts. The one republican that was for impeachment [Rep. Amash of Michigan, formerly an R, now a D] was attacked for breaking ranks and is no longer a republican. Even if it somehow costs the democrats votes I think it's important to make Trump's attempts to withhold foreign aid for an investigation of his political rival an impeachable offense.

as contrasted with...

Originally Posted By: M E M
Lindsey Graham not even pretending...“I am trying to give a pretty clear signal I have made up my mind. I’m not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here,”

No morals just a lap dog protecting his master.

You and your side berate Senator Lindsey Graham for partisan obedience, when you yourself acknowledge Graham was criticizing Trump less than a month ago, expressing possible dissent from Trump ("If Trump did this..."), before the full facts were disclosed.

But if Graham and others are not listening at this point, it's because nothing the Dems have offered in the last 2 months is new or persuasive evidence, just hearsay opinion calculated to smear Trump and hide the true facts:

1) That the Trump/Zelensky July 25th phone call exonerates Trump of what is alleged by the "Whistleblower"/Eric Ciaramella. There was no quid pro quo, or whatever the Democrats' focus-group-selected label is this week.

2) Zelensky in multiple televised interviews for months after the call makes clear there was no quid pro quo, no intimidation, no pressure on him by Trump.

3) That both the media and the Democrat leadership have been talking about and salivating over the possibility of impeaching Trump since the day of his inauguration, LONG before Trump's July 25th phone call. This is just the latest excuse, the latest lying narrative, to try and destroy Trump. They have literally been discussing impeachment in the media and leaping at every opportunity to do so EVERY MONTH SINCE TRUMP WAS INAUGURATED. Far from the hypocritical narrative that Democrats are oh-so-reluctantly pursuing impeachment. Or the narrative that the July 25th call is what suddenly compelled or required them to pursue impeachment. This is just the latest contrivance in an enduring 3-year effort to impeach Trump by whatever slanderous narrative they can manufacture.

And Senator Graham is not saying he is not a fair juror, he is mocking the Democrats like Pelosi and Schiff who pretend that impeachment is something they didn't want, or that they for one second are honestly weighing the evidence. As in a Soviet court, the impeachment fate of Trump was long predetermined, no matter what the evidence. And there is no evidence.