Rep. Michael Turner’s (R-OH) full questioning of Gordon Sondland - Trump impeachment hearings

A brief 5-minute clip from the House impeachment hearings, one of the more insightful moments. Gordon Sondland was a difficult witness, I think for both sides, because his testimony was so all over the place. First he seems to condemn Trump, then he seems to defend Trump, back and forth.
I think Rep. Michael Turner did a great job of nailing jello to the wall. He gets Sondland to reveal his "everyone was in on it" comment was just his opinion, with no firsthand observations or supporting facts.

SONDLAND: "That is my opinion..."
REP. TURNER: "Which is nothing!"

Sondland is a difficult one to figure out. He was appointed by Trump, as many wealthy people are by presidents of both parties, but is not a personal friend of President Trump. As I understand it, Sondland is the owner of a chain of luxury hotels. Because he is a Trump official, his hotels are basically under seige by leftist protestors and it is hurting his livelihood. So his testimony may have been an attempt to appease both sides and throw out some ambiguous flashy statements that both sides could interpret as a win for them, and if the Left likes his rhetoric, maybe let up the pressure on his businesses.