I also don't see that Trump did anything wrong in his July 25 phone call with Zelensky. I've posted the transcript here multiple times.

There is no threatening tone in Trump toward Zelensky, there is no demand for Ukrainian action in exchange for release of aid. A demand doesn't begin with "if you could do me a favor, if it's not too much trouble, that would be great..." That's an unconditional request, not a demand. Much as your party tries to spin it otherwise.

Trump is the President, and like any other president before him, it is within his rights to negotiate with other nations, even forcefully.
JFK with Kruschev, during the Cuban Missile Crisis, negotiating to remove U.S. missiles from Turkey, in exchange for Russia removing its missiles from Cuba.
Reagan negotiating with the Soviets, at first with threats, so as to later at the end of his presidency bring about miraculous nuclear arms reduction and lessening of tensions.
What did G.H.W. Bush offer to build the coalition to invade Kuwait?
What did Barack Obama 'quid pro quo" in his sellout giveaway to the Iranian government, that included secret delivery of billions in cash on pallates, to the Iranian government, that Obama in interviews admitted would likely be used to wage terror and even threaten U.S. lives?

So spare me the sanctimony about Trump asking about corruption that involved the Bidens. Trump as President had every legitimate reason to ask. And as I've cited in multiple linked articles, the Ukranian government, the U.S. State Department, DOJ and FBI, the Latviaan government, the Cyprus government, had ALL flagged suspicious Biden and Burisma laundered money, going back to 2014!

Your side is engaging the Soviet propaganda tactic of repeating a lie, until it becomes so prevalent as to be perceived as truth. But it remains a lie. In the light your side presents it, Trump's request to investigate corruption gives the slightest surface appearance of abuse of power. But Trump as president was following up on investigation and reports of corruption that well preceded him under the Obama administration. And as his duties to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, and to fully execute its laws, against the slanders of the Democrats looking for any excuse to bring him down, Trump was doing precisely his job.

And in accusing Trump with a slanted appearance of wrongdoing, you ignore the far more obviouss case of Biden acting criminally with "quid pro quo/bribery/coercion/abuse of power" or whatever focus-group tested term your party is using this week.

And likewise Senators Menendex, Leahy and Durbin:

Originally Posted By: WB, page 1 of topic:

EVERYTHING that Trump is accused of doing is EXACTLY what Biden has done. And further, that Democrat Senators Menendez, Durbin and Leahy sent a clearly threatening letter to Ukraine that aid was directly dependent on their cooperation, even as they and other Democrats strain to allege Trump is guilty of doing so on pure conjecture, with no facts in evidence.